With August 1 marking the return of most staff back to the physical workplace, and student Welcome Week just a few weeks away, we’re planning new activities and offering more return to workplace tips and support for you. So mark your calendars, check out new online resources and please remember to share your full vaccination status if you haven’t already. We’re looking forward to being with you this fall, Stronger Together!
SAVE THE DATES for More Stronger Together Events
This Wednesday, August 4, 12-2 pm:
Our Stronger Together ice cream social kickoff on July 7 was such a success – see the SBU News story and short video here – we’re having another!
Join us for our second ice cream social, this one outside the Student Activities Center (SAC). This event also offers free lunch boxes, healthy snacks and tips from a dietician, courtesy of Healthier U; an HR information table where you can learn more about benefits, ask questions and get a preview of the new HR website, with some Stony Brook ‘swag’ available too; and, an Faculty Student Association (FSA) pop-up tent where you can find out more about dining, ShopRed and other services, discounts and amenities.
Thursday, August 12, 12-2 pm:
Take a tour of the Rec Center, new Athletics Training Facility and Stadium, and enjoy a healthy treat, courtesy of Healthier U. Additional details to come.
Find out about more fun-filled activities and events here, on the Stronger Together Calendar of Events.
VACCINE STATUS REMINDERS … for Employees and Students
If you haven’t already, we’re asking employees and students to please share their full vaccination status with us:
- Those who are not patient facing and who do not work in a healthcare setting should enter their vaccination status through SOLAR. This will allow you to take advantage of more relaxed COVID-19 protocols for fully vaccinated individuals based on the latest SUNY and NYS guidance. Click here for instructions.
- Those who are patient facing and/or those who are not patient facing but work in a healthcare setting will receive separate instructions on how to update their vaccine status.
- SBU Resident Students: We are requiring all students living on campus (resident students) in the Fall 2021 semester to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to help ensure the health and safety of the residential community. If you haven’t submitted proof of your COVID-19 vaccination, you are required to do so (or submit a request for a medical or religious exemption) to the Wolfie Health Portal by August 1.
Resources for a Smooth, Return to Workplace, Transition
- Feeling Stressed? Overwhelmed? Anxious? Excited? You’re not alone. View this video – We’re #StrongerTogether – where members of the Stony Brook University community share their feelings about returning to campus and offer advice for those coming back for the first time.
- The University has developed an extensive and inclusive approach to help the community navigate returning to campus, with a list of resources to help make your transition as stress-free as possible. Take a look.
- If you’re gearing up to return to the workplace, or helping your employees make the adjustment, see these two resources on the Ombuds Website: a new tip sheet for faculty and staff and an updated tip sheet for managers/supervisors.
Visit our new Stronger Together website for the latest updates and information. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/comments/ideas.