In this Stronger Together Update, you’ll find:
- Vaccine Opportunities
- Important Student Information
- ST Walk and Talk Event
- Meet Your New Colleagues
- Testing and Mask Mandate Reminders
The Student Activities Center has opened up a new vaccine point of distribution (POD) site for students. Johnson & Johnson, and a limited supply of Pfizer, vaccines are also available at that location now for employees. Click here for more details.
Appointments are also available at our vaccination sites located in the Innovation & Discovery Building (IDC) in Stony Brook’s Research and Development (R&D) Park. Currently, the site is open from 8:00 am to 6:15 pm, seven days a week, with a daily limited number of walk-in appointments available. Click here for more details.
Important Student Information
- On August 23, 2021 the FDA fully approved the Pfizer vaccine, which puts into effect the NYS and SUNY COVID vaccine requirement for all students enrolled in at least one in-person class. Per New York State policy, all SUNY students who are enrolled in at least one in-person class OR use an in-person campus service or facility are now required to submit proof of their COVID vaccination.
- No remote learning options are available for students who do not want to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, outside of any courses already offered remotely that have available seats. Students may not request a change in course modality to avoid receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and faculty may not accommodate such requests received.
- All students (except those who are approved for a limited exemption) are required to provide proof of their COVID vaccination to the Wolfie Health Portal no later than Friday, September 24 in order to remain enrolled in in-person fall classes.
- For more information on vaccine requirements, see the August 23 Message About FDA Approval of the COVID-19 Vaccine.
- To date, 88% – more than 21,000 – of all Stony Brook students enrolled in at least one in-person class have submitted proof of their COVID vaccination.
- Our Student Affairs team will continue to follow-up with students to ensure 100% compliance, as this is an important health and safety measure for our campus community.
- Students who have any questions should email email@example.com. Callers may speak with a Student Support Team member 631-632-7320.
ST Walk and Talk Event
We all have stories to tell about how the pandemic has affected our lives. As we all come back Stronger Together, share your stories with your Stony Brook colleagues. Head out of your office, walk, talk, connect, reflect and share your experiences in an open space where you can listen and be heard. Click here to participate in our Stronger Together Walk and Talk Event.
Meet Your New Colleagues
Check out our new Stronger Together feature, where we introduce you to some of your new colleagues – who they are, what matters to them, what they do and what they can do for you. Click here to see some of the ‘New Faces’ of Stony Brook University.
Testing and Mask Mandate Reminders
See the Stronger Together links below for the latest information on health screening and testing. You’ll find the monthly testing schedule for fully vaccinated employees who have reported their status in SOLAR. And you’ll notice our testing sites are now open five days a week:
When it comes to masking, please remember …
Until further notice, all faculty, staff, students and visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, must wear face coverings while inside University and Hospital buildings. This includes classrooms, hallways, libraries and other common spaces, as well as SBU buses and shuttles. It also includes the Health Sciences and Basic Sciences Towers, offices in Flowerfield, Tech Park, Ronkonkoma and Commack, and administrative areas within outpatient facilities and physician practices. Face coverings are not required inside personal rooms at residence halls, while eating in on-campus dining areas, within personal offices or in non-public-facing personal workstations. Masks are not required outdoors.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/comments/ideas.