Six adjunct professors at Stony Brook University have won the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Adjunct Teaching given by the State University of New York (SUNY).
The recipients are:
- Jennifer Lyons Carter, Department of Philosophy
- Michele Giua, Department of European Languages
- Leslie Marino, Department of European Languages
- Patricia Maurides, Department of Art
- Jessica Mitchell, School of Social Welfare
- Joanne Souza, Department of Biology
The Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence are system-level honors conferred to acknowledge and provide system-wide recognition for superior professional achievement and to encourage the ongoing pursuit of continuous academic excellence.
Excellence in Adjunct Teaching is a new award category, which recognizes consistently superior teaching at the graduate, undergraduate or professional level in keeping with the State University’s commitment to providing its students with instruction of the highest quality.