All are invited to hop on the free shuttle to take in the sights and sounds of Port Jefferson Village. The Port Jeff Shuttle service is running again this semester from Thursday, February 27, 2020 through Sunday, May 17.
Building on the success from last year’s pilot program, several changes have been made to the service.
- The Port Jeff Shuttle will run for 12 weeks rather than 10 for the spring semester.
- Fridays and Saturdays will have later service hours until midnight, with the last pick up from Port Jefferson Village at 11:30pm.
- The Chemistry Loop stop has been replaced with a Hilton Garden Inn stop.
“Riders are encouraged to download the app at PJShuttle.com to see where the shuttle is in real time,” said Kevin Wood, Program Manager and Parking/Mobility Administrator for the Incorporated Village of Port Jefferson. Students, employees, families and guests are invited to take the shuttle for dining, entertainment, shopping and relaxation.
“Port Jeff is only too happy to make our Village a key destination for SBU students and workforce,” said Mayor Margot Garant.
Fully funded by the Village of Port Jefferson and the Port Jefferson Business Improvement District (BID), the shuttle is available Thursdays-Sundays during scheduled weeks. “We are proud to partner with the Village in bringing the shuttle service back to our Business District, ” said Roger Rutherford, President, Port Jefferson BID .
The Port Jeff Shuttle makes six stops and runs in a continuous loop.
- Student Activities Center Loop
- Hilton Garden Inn (NEW)
- Chapin Apartments Bus Stop
- Port Jefferson Village Arden Street
- Port Jefferson LIRR station
- Wild by Nature Market / Stop & Shop
The hours of operation are:
Thursdays 3:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Fridays 3:00 pm – midnight (NEW LATER HOURS)
Saturday 3:00 pm – midnight (NEW LATER HOURS)
Sunday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
The Port Jeff Shuttle program was developed in collaboration with the SBU Community Relations Office.