January is the perfect time to make some New Year’s resolutions. Why not think about committing to make at least one blood/platelet donation in 2023?
Five reasons to donate blood at the Stony Brook University Hospital Blood Donor Center:
- It’s time for the annual Blood Challenge
- Help the center reach its goal of 200 donors for the month of January
- Keep it local and help your community blood donor center
- The country is facing the greatest blood shortage in a decade
- It’s National Blood Donor Month
Serve your community by helping to maintain a stable local blood supply. Schedule an appointment to donate blood or platelets as soon as possible.
Go online to schedule an appointment to donate during your birthday month; you will receive a reminder when it’s time.
This blood drive is only being recognized by the Stony Brook University Hospital Blood Donor Center; therefore, all donations must be made in the Donor Room at the Blood Donor Center, located in the lobby on Level 5 of the hospital.
While supplies last:
- All donors receive a Burger King gift card for a Whopper or chicken sandwich
- Whole blood donors receive a long-sleeve “Donate On” T-shirt
- Platelet donors receive a fleece field blanket
Call: (631) 444-DONATE (3662)
Online: Visit donateblood.stonybrookmedicine.edu