What You Need to Know, When You Need to Know It
New Vaccine Eligibility and Vaccination Opportunity
The great news from New York State is that eligibility for COVID-19 vaccines has just opened up for individuals age 30 and over, as of Tuesday, March 30 and for those age 16 and over, starting Tuesday, April 6. See the Governor’s announcement here.
This means all of our eligible students, faculty and staff will soon be able to be vaccinated, which is a hugely important step in our battle against the virus and our plans to open up to more in-person learning this fall.
We strongly encourage you to get vaccinated as soon as you are eligible. We also urge you to regularly visit the New York State COVID Vaccine website for appointment availability at sites across the State, including the Stony Brook R&D Park and Southampton Campus point of distribution (POD) sites.
In addition, we will be emailing an invitation to faculty and staff age 30 and older for an opportunity to register for a vaccine appointment at the Stony Brook University Hospital-MART that will take place this Saturday, April 3. Supplies for this date are limited and appointments may be quickly filled. We will continue to alert you to future opportunities as supplies become available for all eligible groups, including students age 16 and over.
Stay well and get that shot in the arm to help keep us all safe …
Whether You’re Vaccinated or Not, Please Continue To:
- Wash your hands or use sanitizer when soap and water aren’t available.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from other people.
- Wear a mask at all times, including in classrooms, conference rooms and other spaces, even when six feet social distancing exists.
- Cover coughs and sneezes and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in your workplace every day.
- Avoid using other people’s phones, desks, offices, tools and equipment.
- Sanitize shared items after use.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Avoid large gatherings.
Have an Idea? Need an Answer?
Visit our continuously updated return to the workplace FAQs on our Coming Back Safe and Strong website, or send your questions to email@example.com