A panel of experts will come together to discuss the war in Ukraine with the Stony Brook University community. In addition to experts from the Stony Brook community, it will include foreign correspondents who are actively reporting in Ukraine.
Wednesday, March 23
Frey Hall 100
The teach-in is sponsored by the Colvin Center for International Reporting at the School of Communication and Journalism. It is an Undergraduate Colleges Expand Event. It is free and open to the public.
The conversation will feature:
- John Frederick Bailyn, SBU linguistics professor and former co-director of the New York-St. Petersburg Institute
- Louise Callaghan, Sunday Times of London foreign correspondent in Ukraine
- Leonie Huddy, SBU political science professor and department chair
- Alexander Orlov, SBU professor of material science and chemical engineering, expert to the EU Parliament and UK government on several topics including Ukraine
- Simon Ostrovsky, PBS NewsHour special correspondent in Ukraine
- Jonathan Sanders, SBU journalism professor and former Moscow correspondent for CBS News
- Michael Slackman, New York Times foreign editor
Sarah Baxter, journalism instructor and Sunday Times of London reporter, will moderate the conversation.