Campus Dining has issued a message to students concerning hours and policies for dining and retail services. The message reads as follows:
We are currently living in the midst of a very challenging situation, and as the circumstances change very rapidly, Campus Residences and the Faculty Student Association (FSA) would like to provide you with an update regarding dining and retail services.
Starting Monday, March 23, all residents who remain on campus are being offered three take-out meals per day at either East Side or West Side Dining at no additional expense for the rest of the Spring 2020 semester. We are offering this to all residents, even those not on a meal plan, since we expect all residents to remain on campus and only leave their space for academic or campus employment reasons, to go for a walk on campus by themselves, or to go to the dining locations to pick up food.
East Side and West Side Dining will be open for three meal service periods:
Breakfast: 8:30am – 10:30am
Lunch: 11:30am – 2:30pm
Dinner: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
To minimize risks of transmission and follow social distancing guidelines, we will not be swiping your student ID cards. Instead, the cashier will scan your GET App barcode on your mobile device. Please have your student ID available as backup.
How to Use the GET App:
- Download the GET Mobile app via the Apple app store or Google Play.
- Select Stony Brook University, sign in with your NETID and password and then follow the prompts to set up your account.
- Remember to connect to Wolfie-Net Secure to access the campus wifi.
- Once you log into the GET App, you will find the barcode right below your profile picture.
If you do not have a mobile device or lost your ID card, email us at email@example.com.
How Meals Will Be Provided:
Just before you enter the dining halls, you will be provided with a pair of single-use gloves to wear. Please put on the gloves before touching the door handle, and only remove the gloves after you have left the building.
You will enter through one side of the dining area and exit at the other side. A take-out container will be filled by a staff member as you proceed down the service line. It is important to keep the line moving in an orderly fashion. You will not be allowed to dine or remain in the facility.
Please practice social distancing (remaining 6 feet or 1.8m away from others) and be mindful of good sanitary practices. You can submit feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org to help us improve service or if you have any questions.
All Dining Dollar and Block meal plans are being upgraded to 3 swipes per day to be used at East Side and West Side Dining at no additional charge. Unlimited plans will remain unchanged.
If you are ill with a fever, cough, or sore throat, seek medical attention right away by calling Student Health at 631-632-6740 to speak with a healthcare professional. Please do not leave your room to get food. Call your RHD or Quad office, and they will fill out a Sick Tray Form on your behalf — if it’s past 5pm, please contact the RA on Duty. They will give the form to a friend or hall/suitemate you identify who will then be able to pick up a meal for you and leave it in front of your room door.
What Retail Services are Open?
Please check the Campus Dining website for current hours of operation as these might be subject to change based on the rapidly evolving conditions on campus.
- Starbucks in the Melville Library will be open Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm.
- The Market at West Side will be open 7 days a week 10am – 4pm and provide an assortment of grocery essentials.
- Shop Red West has been converted to online only. Please visit their website at SBUShopRed.com. Shipping fees are being waived at this time.
- Vending service will remain in all buildings that are open on campus. Please check the FSA website for locations.
- Delivery to your residence hall lobby is being developed for standard grocery and snack items via the Get Food App (download it via the Apple app or Google Play). Please be on the lookout for further communication about Get Food.
- FedEx and Amazon, located in the lower level of the Melville Library, are still open with regular operating hours. This is subject to change, so please check the FSA website.
If you have any questions, please o not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com