This October, Stony Brook welcomed over 1,500 alumni and friends back to campus in celebration of Homecoming – a week of alumni and student events leading up to a thrilling Seawolves Football game.
Alumni and Friends Enjoyed an Afternoon of Fun at the Homecoming BBQ
Over 850 alumni and friends came together before the big game to enjoy unlimited BBQ, savory selections from Big D’s Food truck, live music by Radio Riot, drinks from Greenport Brewing Co., a mechanical bull and more! Special thanks to our presenting sponsor, Island Federal.
The Alumni Association welcomed alumni home for a weekend of programming including:
- 2019 Athletics Hall of Fame
- A Celebration of 50 Years of the Ashley Schiff Preserve
- The Fraternity and Sorority Alumni Banquet
- The Alumni Crew Team Breakfast and Row
- The Women’s Leadership Council Alumni Breakfast
- Statesman Alumni Breakfast
- The Career Community Mentoring Program Kickoff
- The Black and Latino Alumni Network Multicultural Brunch
- Spirit of Stony Brook Alumni Band Day
- The Haitian Student Organization Reunion
- The Alumni Admissions Ambassador Breakfast
Seawolves Take on No.2 James Madison Dukes in an Intense Battle
LaValle Stadium was red-hot as over 12,000 fans filled the stadium to cheer on the Seawolves. In a hard-fought battle, the Seawolves took on the No. 2 James Madison Dukes, forcing overtime and ultimately falling to JMU with a final score of 45-38.