Stony Brook Medicine will host the Second Annual Converging Science Summit, a daylong conference on new developments in translational medical science, on April 15, 2013, in the Student Acitvities Center on the main campus.
The theme for this year’s summit is “Advancing Health Outcomes: The Intersection of Health and Technology.” The mission of the annual interdisciplinary health science summit is to bring together social and health scientists, humanities and arts scholars from around the country and across a broad spectrum of disciplines to:
- Promote collaborative thought by sharing critical thinking and evidence-based practices
- Explore the human experience and contribute to the creation of enhanced systems for health care and health promotion
- Build a convergence of views of health services provision to facilitate change on a national and international level
Presenters will include:
- Clinton T. Rubin, PhD, SUNY Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Biomedical Engineering Director, Center for Biotechnology, Stony Brook University
- Maria Emanuel Ryan, DDS, PhD, Professor of Oral Biology and Pathology, Associate Dean for Strategic Planning and External Affairs, Director of Clinical Research, Department of Oral Biology and Pathology, Stony Brook University
- Howard Schneider, Dean of the School of Journalism, Stony Brook University
- Brooke Ellison, PhD, Stony Brook University
A complete agenda can be downloaded here.