To build affinity and improve collaboration across Stony Brook, the Alda Center for Communicating Science is proud to welcome new members to its faculty affiliates program.
The program, available exclusively to Stony Brook faculty, was started in 2021 with the intention of facilitating partnerships to support scholarly and creative activities, and to spark programmatic collaborations.
“We are proud to welcome new members to this program that is intended to improve collaborations between our science communication experts and faculty experts around the campus community,” said Laura Lindenfeld, executive director of the Alda Center and dean of the School of Communication and Journalism. “I’m eager to see how this program helps expand the commitment to effective and engaging science communication across university research programs.”
So far, the following faculty have become affiliated with the program:
- Turhan Canli, professor of psychology
- Lindsey Czarnecki, postdoctoral associate in neurobiology and behavior
- Reuben Kline, associate professor of political science
- Kristina Lucenko, assistant professor in the Program in Writing and Rhetoric
- John Mak, professor at the School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences
- Susmita Pati, professor of pediatrics and Division Chief of Primary Care Pediatrics at Stony Brook Medicine
- Carrie Shandra, associate professor of sociology
- Markus Seeliger, professor of pharmacological sciences
- Ken Weitzman, associate professor of English