Learn about the latest advances in the prevention, diagnosis, management and treatment of several cancers, including gynecologic, colon, lung, thyroid, bone, head and neck cancers, as well as leukemia and lymphoma. The Prevention and Treatment of Cancer will be held on Saturday, March 22, from 8:30 am to 3 pm in the Charles B. Wang Center.
The Keynote Speaker is Michael W. Schuster, MD, who will discuss “Treatments and Trials: The Progress We’ve Made!”
- Innovations Improve Colon and Rectal Cancer Treatments
- The Latest News in Lung Cancer
- Understanding the Influence of Heredity in Breast and Ovarian Cancers
- Update on Kidney, Bladder and Prostate Cancers
- Team Approach to Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Advances in Pancreatic Cancer Management
- The Latest News in Head and Neck Cancers
There will also be a performance of “The Catalysts,” an adaption inspired by artwork created for Lilly Oncology on Canvas™. Performed by three actors, the theatrical collage represents a multitude of experiences and perspectives.
All are welcome. The event is free and includes continental breakfast and lunch. Registration is required by March 14. Call (631) 444-4000 or visit cancer.stonybrookmedicine.edu/community-events to register now.