Have you ever played the Game of Life? If so, you’ve never played like this. Money $mart Seawolves presents the Life After SBU edition, which will give you the opportunity to navigate life for a month based on the salary of your intended career. You will use a budget and visit a variety of stations where you will have to pay for the life choices you make.
- Jobs and salary based on your major/career choice
- Going to graduate school and finding funding
- Your student loan payment and options
- Tax withholdings and what they’re all about
- Housing, utilities and other cost of living expenses
- Eating well on a budget and speak to a dietician
- Transportation and different insurance options
- Saving, debt/credit management and much more
Play Life After SBU on Thursday, March 23, for 30 minutes between 12 pm and 4 pm in the Student Activities Center, Ballroom A. These 30 minutes could help put you on the right path to a solid financial future.
Walk-ins are welcome, too. Pre-registering helps with preparing your materials in advance and you will receive a reminder email.