The University celebrates Earth Day this week with our annual Earthstock event featuring student and faculty research, prominent guest lecturers, environmental organizations, displays, exhibitors and more. Focusing on “Sustainabilty: The Future is Now,” events are taking place on campus April 17 through April 22.
The main festival will be held on Friday, April 21, from 10 am to 3 pm on the Academic Mall (Rain Location: Student Activities Center). Earthstock is free and open to the public. Don’t miss the Roadshow of Resistance: Saving the Planet, Indigenous Rights and Standing Rock presentation on Thursday, April 20, at 3 pm in the Student Activities Center, Gelber Auditorium.
- Pride Patrol, 10 am
- Farmers Market, 11 am
- Environmental and Educational Displays and Exhibitors, 11 am
- Live Music and Dance Performances on Two Stages, 11:30 am
- Scavenger Hunt, Hosted by National Residence Hall Honorary, 11:30 am
- Opening Remarks/Green Pledge Ceremony, 12:15 pm
- Friends of Ashley Schiff Park Preserve Walk, 1 pm
- Rubber Duck Races, 2 pm
- Ice Cream Social, 2:30 pm
- Drum Line and Color Guard Showcase, 3 pm
For a complete list of the week’s events, please visit stonybrook.edu/earthstock.