The Office of Communications recently launched a new mobile site for Undergraduate Admissions, serving a rapidly growing public that now browses the Web on iPhones, iPod Touches, BlackBerrys, and Androids.
The new mobile-friendly pages are in addition to several tools already available to prospective students using smartphones. There is also a multifaceted app for iPhones and Android devices that includes a GPS-driven self-guided tour of the campus. While a growing number of colleges now have mobile-friendly homepages, Stony Brook is one of the few to offer an admissions site.
Highlights of the new mobile site include:
• Mobile-friendly descriptions and course listings for all majors, minors, and pre-professional programs
• Admissions information for freshman, transfer, and international applicants
• Pages for admitted students and current applicants wishing to check their application status
• Information about costs and financial aid, student life, visiting, and why SB should be on the top of students’ college lists
• Interactive maps and direction tools
• Mobile-friendly versions of SB student blogs
• Links to follow SB’s social networks (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube)