Advanced Energy Conference 2022: Charting the Course for Energy: September 7-9, 2022
Stony Brook University Advanced Energy Center Conference Hosted at Marriott Marquis In New York City
STONY BROOK, NY — September 2, 2022 — The Stony Brook University Advanced Energy Research and Technology Center (AERTC) will host the Advanced Energy Conference 2022: “Charting the Course for Energy,” (AEC 2022) at the Marriott Marquis in New York City on Sept. 7-9, 2022.
This conference, which is managed by the university’s AERTC, will bring together industry leaders, academics and representatives in energy policy to explore the future of energy sourcing by showcasing technological innovations, key policy changes and new business models. Informational sessions, workshops, exhibits, demonstrations and networking sessions will make-up the three day conference and registration can be found here. This is the 11th conference hosted by AERTC.
With over 200 speakers, AEC 2022 will look at the latest research and development in renewable energy, batteries and other technologies that are being realized for their potential in advanced energy fields.
“We are delighted to reconvene in person. AEC 2022 is where innovation and opportunity converge. It is a place where leaders in energy come to discover the next big thing in renewables and energy technologies. It’s where the discussion begins on charting the course for energy,” said Robert B. Catell, Chairman of the Advanced Energy Center. “We are looking to put a great focus on offshore wind and emerging energy technologies, as well as energy efficiency in facilities, advanced transportation technologies, the future of energy storage, and much more on the path forward toward protecting our environmental future.”
Sponsors and Exhibitors demonstrating their services and products will have a dedicated convention space for attendees to visit and network during the three-day conference. A highlight for many years, the Innovation Corral, returns to the show floor, allowing start-up entrepreneurs to showcase their new technologies.
The Wednesday, September 7 workshops are free to attend (registration required) and include:
- The Clean Energy Path Through Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Technology and Sustainability
- National Offshore Wind Research & Development Consortium
The Thursday, September 8 events presentations include:
- Perspectives on Energy Resilience Sessions:
- Adoption Electrification and Efficiency in Facilities – Enhancing Equity and Energy Security in the Built Environment
- Adoption of Offshore Wind
- Utilization of Renewables
- Adoption of Thermal Fuel Innovations
- Acceptance of Infrastructure Modernization: The Growing Role of Data Management
- Adoption of Low-Carbon Transformation Technologies
- Utilization of Investment Mechanisms
- Accepting the Cost of Resilience and Reliability
- Business Models and Regulation for Energy Systems in Facilities: The Ithaca Example
- Business Models and Regulation for Offshore Wind
- Business Models and Regulation for Renewables
- Business Models and Regulation for Hydrogen
- Utility Business Models for Infrastructure Modernization
- Business Models and Regulation for Low-Carbon Transportation
- Aligning Business Models and Regulation with Investment
- Business Models and Regulation for Resiliency
The Friday, September 9 events include these presentations:
- Deeper Dive: Manufacturing an Offshore Wind Market
- Deeper Dive: The Future of Energy Storage
- Deeper Dive: Fiddling While Rome Burns
- Cross-Track: Technology Ideals and Trade-offs
- Cross Track: Building a Clean Energy Workforce
- Cross Track: Today’s Visionaries, Edison’s Grid
- Deeper Dive: Minding the Gap – Addressing Social Inequality in the Clean Energy Transition
- Deeper Dive: Climate Change Federalism – Exploring the Promise and Pitfalls of State Level Climate Policy
# # #
About Stony Brook University
Stony Brook University, a flagship of the State University of New York (SUNY) system, is going far beyond the expectations of today’s public universities. With nearly 27,000 students, 2,800 faculty members, more than 200,000 alumni, a premier academic medical center and 18 NCAA Division I athletic programs, Stony Brook is a research-intensive distinguished center of innovation dedicated to addressing the world’s biggest challenges. The university embraces its mission to provide comprehensive undergraduate, graduate and professional education of the highest quality, and is ranked among the top 35 public universities by Forbes and one of the top 100 universities in the nation by the U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges listing. Fostering a commitment to academic research and intellectual endeavors, Stony Brook’s membership in the Association of American Universities (AAU) places it among the top 65 research institutions in North America. The university’s distinguished faculty have earned esteemed awards such as the Nobel Prize, Pulitzer Prize, Indianapolis Prize for animal conservation, Abel Prize and the inaugural Breakthrough Prize in Mathematics. Stony Brook has the responsibility of co-managing Brookhaven National Laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy — one of only eight universities with a role in running a national laboratory. Providing economic growth for neighboring communities and the wider geographic region, the university totals an impressive $7.23 billion in increased economic output on Long Island. Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/stonybrooku/) and Twitter(@stonybrooku).