The Red Hot Career Closet and Mentoring Program is a new initiative made possible by a Presidential Mini-Grant for Diversity that will be piloted during the spring semester by External Scholarships and Fellowships Advising, the Center for Civic Justice, and the Career Center. The program is seeking donations of gently used business professional items.
Your donations will help students who have financial need obtain the necessary attire for internships, interviews, or their first work experiences following graduation. The students will also receive mentoring to raise awareness of professional norms, boosting the confidence they need to display their unique talents and skills.
To donate, please drop off your items at any of the following locations. This effort is ongoing, so you may do so at any time:
- Dean of Students Suite (222 Student Activities Center)
- Graduate School (2401 Old Computer Science Building)
- Career Center (W0550 Melville Library)
- Program in Public Health (3-071 Health Sciences Tower)
Please donate items that are no more than five to six years old and ready to be worn, such as:
- Work-appropriate dresses
- Dress slacks
- Dress shirts
- Professional accessories (ties, handbags, belts, etc.)
- Lightly worn or new shoes
Any items that cannot be used will be donated to local charities.