Human Resource Services has issued updated requirements for fully-remote faculty and staff prior to returning to campus for the Spring semester. The message reads as follows:
The Spring Semester is approximately two weeks away and we are excited to begin another successful Stony Brook semester, full of engaging and enriching experiences, even in the face of ongoing challenges.
As we prepare for the semester to begin, we are asking for your continued assistance and stewardship in helping to keeping our campus safe.
If you have questions or concerns about any of these requirements, we are here to help.
Pre-Testing for COVID-19 Before Coming Back to Campus
- The Chancellor’s Academic Continuity and the Health and Safety of Students, Faculty and Staff Policy for Winter and Spring Terms 2021 requires students returning to campus, or attending courses on campus for the winter and spring 2021 semesters, to be tested for COVID-19.
- The same policy strongly recommends that faculty and staff pre-test for COVID-19 before coming back to campus. This includes:
- Faculty and staff returning to campus after intercession
- Those returning as part of Stony Brook University’s phased return to campus plan
- Anyone who has been working in a fully-remote capacity and is now returning
When and Where Should You Test?
- Approximately seven days before you return to campus, we strongly recommend that you take a PCR COVID-19 test. If a PCR test is not available, an antigen test will also be acceptable. Please retain a record of your test results.
- This test is available at South P Lot or off-campus. Find a full list of New York State’s Testing Sites (including P Lot) here.
- Once you return to campus, you are required to participate in our workplace COVID-19 Saliva Surveillance Testing Program on a weekly basis.
Before Returning to Campus –– Daily Health Screening
- Reminder: Two weeks before your first visit back to campus, you must begin performing the daily health screening for travel history, COVID-19 history and current health symptoms in the CampusClear App or the Daily Health Self-Screening Paper Log (available in both English and Spanish).
- After you have returned to campus, all faculty and staff must continue to pre-screen each day before arriving on campus via the CampusClear App or the Daily Health Self-Screening Paper Log.
- What If You Traveled While Away from Campus? Faculty and staff who have traveled to/from restricted states/regions, or to/from international locations as defined by New York State, must follow the New York State Travel Advisory, whether living on, or off-campus. Applicable faculty and staff must attest that they have submitted the NYS Traveler Health Form, and follow the guidance of the governing local health department related to mandatory testing, quarantine/isolation, and timing of returning to campus.
- What Happens If You Test Positive? Faculty and staff testing positive for COVID-19 should call the Health Information Line (HIL) at (631) 632-5000, option #1, for guidance, and must isolate and follow the New York State Department of Health Order on isolation along with the guidance of the governing local health department on length of isolation and timing of return to campus.