Human Resource Services has issued an update regarding the COVID-19 Vaccination Program for all faculty and staff. The message reads as follows:
For All Faculty and Staff: Age Requirement Change and New SBU Point of Distribution for Vaccine
With news on vaccines literally changing by the day, we want to take this opportunity to provide you with this latest update:
● The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) has expanded vaccine eligibility for second phase (1b) recipients from 75 to 65 years old.
● We’re excited to announce that Stony Brook University has been designated as a New York State point of distribution (POD) site where the COVID-19 vaccine will be administered to those eligible to receive it:
● Anticipated to open soon, the POD will be located in the R&D Park on Stony Brook Road and will operate from 8 am to 7 pm, seven days a week. This site is NOT yet open. We are unable to receive phone calls or visitors here. We will notify you as soon as it is available.
● All vaccines will be distributed only to eligible people who have made an appointment through the NYSDOH Eligibility website.
● Supply is extremely limited and determined by the State. Appointments will open up each week as we know our supply levels.
Please keep visiting the Stony Brook Medicine Information About Coronavirus web page too, and watch for more vaccine updates to come from us each week.
Vice President, Human Resource Services
Chief Human Resources Officer
Stony Brook University Hospital
Director of Human Resources
Long Island State Veterans Home