Learn how to effectively communicate in the ever-changing business world. Colleen McKean, from the College of Business at Stony Brook University, will present “Business Communication for the Busy Professional” on Friday, April 28, from 8:30 am to 4 pm at the Miller Business Academy at the Middle Country Public Library in Selden, NY.
This one-day, hands-on workshop will focus on writing clearly and concisely, presentation skills, and creating a 30-second elevator pitch. You will leave the course ready to write and speak with confidence.
Writing clear and concise:
• Client proposals
• Simple press releases and event listings
Writing for social media:
• Marketing messaging: who is your target audience and how do you appeal to them
• Facebook: posting, sharing, creating a community, and promoting ads
• LinkedIn: profiles and connecting
Business communication etiquette:
• Networking skills: how to work a room
• 30-second elevator speech
• Graceful exit
• Connecting others: hosting
• Finding common ground
• Presentation skills training
The course is $189 and includes all-day training, lunch, refreshments and time for networking with fellow attendees. For more information, please call Alex Blend at (631) 585-9393 ext. 272.