Ombuds Month 2019
What is Ombuds Day? The American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section launched the inaugural Ombuds Day on October 11, 2018. This is part of a month-long recognition of conflict-resolution professions. Ombuds Day this year is on October 10, 2019.
Who does the Ombuds Office serve? Students, faculty and staff of Stony Brook University
What can the Ombuds Office do for me? Stony Brook University Ombuds Office provides an informal channel through which constituents (students, faculty and staff) can confidentially discuss concerns, complaints or seek information and referrals without fear of retaliation. The office provides educational workshops and online “Quick Tips” on topics such as communication, conflict resolution and many more. Additionally, you can view the online library of recommended books.
Where can I meet the ombudsman? Appointments can be made in person or by telephone at (631) 632-9200. Offices are located on both East and West Campuses. Or, you can meet the ombudsman at the tabling locations listed below throughout the month of October. Visit the Ombuds Office online at stonybrook.edu/ombuds.
- East Campus – Hospital, Level 5, 11 am to 1 pm, in front of the CSEA Office
- 10/9, Wednesday
- West Campus – SAC Lobby, 11 am to 1 pm
- 10/8, Tuesday
- 10/11, Friday
- 10/15, Tuesday, 11 am to 2 pm – Café
- 10/24, Thursday, 2:30 pm to 5 pm – Lobby
- 10/29, Tuesday, 6:30 am to 9 am – Lobby
- School of Dental Medicine – Cafeteria, 12 pm to 2 pm
- 10/7, Monday
- Stony Brook Medicine Advanced Specialty Care – Conference Room
- 10/10, Thursday, 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Southampton Campus – Library Entrance, 10 am to 3 pm
- 10/23, Wednesday