Marisa Bisiani, Assistant Vice President for Student Health, Wellness, and Prevention Services, has issued a message to students concerning COVID-19 testing. The message reads as follows:
We are committed to maintaining the health and safety of our campus community. As many COVID cases are asymptomatic and rates are increasing in the surrounding communities, effective immediately, all commuter students who visit campus regularly need to complete an on-campus free COVID saliva test every two weeks. Campus visits may include working in an on-campus job or internship; conducting research; or visiting the library, academic buildings or any campus locations. Additionally, every time you come to campus, you must complete your health screening via the CampusClear App.
We offer three testing locations:
- Student Activities Center (SAC) Ballroom B on West Campus
- Health Sciences Center (HSC) Galleria, Level 3 on East Campus
- Student Center at Stony Brook Southampton
For more information on how to take the test and view the testing schedule for intersession, please visit: stonybrook.edu/commcms/comingback/covidtesting.php.
Registering for Your COVID-19 Saliva Test:
- For your required saliva test, please register at least 2 hours before you go for your test.
- Use the scheduler to select an appointment date, time and location. Each time slot shows the number of appointments available. Sign up as soon as possible for your appointment since they are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Walk-ins are not accepted.
- If this is your first time using the registration site, choose “Register.” Enter your SBU email (email@example.com) and create a new password that meets the minimum criteria. DO NOT use your SBU password.
- To complete the online registration form, ONLY enter your name, email address, phone number, SBU ID# and date of birth on the registration form even though it asks for or “requires” additional information.
- Do not enter health insurance information. It is not needed.
- Do not enter SSN.
- If the form prevents you from proceeding without completing a field enter 0 (zeros) for digits and NA for words.
- Please note that your test kit will be given to you at the testing site.
Should you encounter any technical issues during the registration process, please contact Dariusz Soszynski at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ahmed Belazi at email@example.com.
- If you are experiencing COVID-related symptoms, DO NOT participate in this saliva testing. You can obtain a COVID test at South P, located at the University entrance off of Stony Brook Road, or at any off-campus provider such as City MD. If you get tested off-campus, please upload your test result to Medicat, our Student Health Services records system, within 48 hours of receiving your result.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days, do not participate in this COVID-19 saliva testing.
If you have any questions about your COVID saliva test or the testing process, please contact Student Health Services at (631) 632-6740.
Thank you for keeping our campus community safe and healthy.