Human Resource Services has issued new information and reminders for supervisors of employees on West Campus, HSC, and SOM. The message reads as follows:
Return to Work Phase 5 Pushed Back
Thanks to collaboration, cooperation and careful planning campus wide, Stony Brook University has been a role model for maintaining a low number of COVID cases, and we’ve been Coming Back Safe and Strong through our strategically phased Return to Work (RTW) plan. As we approach the final phase (5) of the plan, please note we are adjusting the start date of this phase from December 31 to January 31, 2021.
Phase 3 in Effect December 25 – January 10
Out of an abundance of caution, and to help support the health and safety of our employees, we are recommending a return to our campus Phase 3 plan starting December 25 through January 10 to reduce the density on campus. Under this phase:
- Essential Employees and those “for whom one or more core duties cannot be performed remotely” are on campus.
- Supervisors are still encouraged to use staggered work schedules to further reduce density and support social distancing.
- Those not working on campus will complete their work responsibilities remotely.
The Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) will provide additional guidance for individuals conducting research.
Daily Screening and Travel Requirements
For those coming to campus — or returning to campus on a continuous or intermittent basis — we require the use of our online health self-screener CampusClear app (or equivalent paper log for those unable to access the online screener) each time you come to campus. Please note that the paper log is also available in Spanish. All supervisors are responsible for checking that these daily screenings are completed. You can view online participation through SOLAR; you’ll find the report under “COVID-19 Supervisor Report.”
Please remember, too: If an employee doesn’t feel well once at work, they should immediately leave campus, seek medical care and call the Health Information Line at 631-632-5000, ext. 1, for return to work guidance.
Those who travel during the holiday season should review and follow NYS COVID-19 travel advisory details, FAQs and updates, available on the New York State Department of Health website, and complete the New York Traveler Health Form upon re-entering New York State. This will prompt specific guidance directly from the Department of Health. This travel will also need to be reported in the employee CampusClear entry when the employee returns to campus.
Employee COVID-19 testing will continue on campus during the holiday season and beyond. Please note that testing is mandated and supervisors are required to ensure that employees are able to attend testing during their work day. You should also know:
- Testing dates and locations can be accessed through the testing schedule
- Employees can select a time and location that works best for them using our COVID-19 Scheduler Tool.
- Those under a quarantine order will NOT be able to access University testing (in SAC, the Galleria and on the Southampton campus).
- Find other testing sites, including the South Campus P Lot, on the New York State Information on Novel Coronavirus page.