Human Resource Services has issued an update concerning employee testing and a new COVID-19 scheduler tool. The message reads as follows:
We continue to enhance our testing resources to make mandatory testing even more convenient for our on-campus employees. In addition to the SAC Ballroom, we added two additional testing sites: the HSC Galleria and the Southampton Campus Student Center. We also opened reservations for pooled testing, no longer requiring you to first receive an email invitation designating a specific testing day and time.
We have now taken it a step further with the release of the new Saliva Pooled Test COVID-19 Scheduler Tool, which enables employees to:
- View and reserve a convenient appointment time and select the most convenient of three locations.
- Identify appointment times when the testing schedule may be less busy.
- Receive an email indicating appointment time and location to serve as a reminder.
- Simply choose a new date/time if there’s a need to reschedule.
How to Access the COVID-19 Scheduler Tool
Effective immediately, all West Campus, HSC, Renaissance SOM (non-clinicians) and Stony Brook Southampton Campus State and RF employees are able to use their NetID/NetID Password to access the COVID-19 Scheduler Tool and reserve a testing location, date and time.
Employees should schedule tests frequently, with every other week being our current best practice.
Registering for Your COVID-19 Saliva Test:
- For your required saliva test, please register at least two hours before you go for your test.
- To register, click HERE.
- If this is your first time using the registration site, choose “Register.” Enter your SBU email (email@example.com) and create a new password that meets the minimum criteria. DO NOT use your SBU password.
- To complete the online registration form:
- ONLY enter your name, email address, phone number, SBU ID# and date of birth on the registration form even though it asks for or “requires” additional information.
- Do not enter health insurance information. It is not needed.
- Do not enter SSN.
- If the form prevents you from proceeding without completing a field enter 0 (zeros) for digits and NA for words.
- Please note that your test kit will be given to you at the testing site.
If you have any questions about your COVID-19 saliva test or the testing process, please refer to these FAQs for more information or contact the Health Information Line (HIL) at (631) 632-5000, Option #1. Be sure to also visit Stony Brook’s Coming Back Safe and Strong website for current updates.
On behalf of the University, we want to thank you for your participation in efforts to support the health and well-being of our campus community.
For more detailed, step-by-step instructions, please visit COVID-19 Scheduler Tool Instructions.
As a reminder, testing is only indicated for individuals who have not tested positive in the last 90 days.
*If you are a hospital employee or a clinical faculty member in the Renaissance School of Medicine, this information does not apply to you. Instead, you will receive information from Hospital Human Resources.
- How far in advance do I have to make the appointment? No lead time is required. If the scheduler shows availability, reserve your appointment, register for the test and come in.
- How do I cancel and reschedule? There’s no need to formally cancel your previous appointment. Simply choose a new date/time if there’s a need to reschedule.
- I live closer to the Southampton Campus. Can I test at Southampton if I don’t work at that location? Absolutely! If you are a Stony Brook University employee assigned to West Campus, the HSC or the School of Medicine and you are in the area of any of the designated test sites, please schedule at the location that is convenient for you.
- Do I need to bring my Campus ID to the test site? Yes, you must present your Campus ID at the test site.
- No Device? No problem! Employees who do not have access to a mobile device or computer can show up as a walk-in. Just remember to bring your Campus ID and a copy of your CampusClear “Cleared” confirmation.