The Stony Brook volleyball team defeated UMass Lowell in three sets (25-20, 25-11, 25-9). The Seawolves improve to 16-8, and the River Hawks fall to 3-20 on the season.
Coach Belzung’s Reaction
“Thank you to McKyla, Emily and Carla for their hard work and dedication to Stony Brook and our program. They have been true Seawolves in the classroom, on the court and in the community. Proud of the group for locking in and competing on both sides of the ball. We have a huge stretch of road matches to end the regular season, so we will look to get some rest and then get back to work on Tuesday.”
By the Numbers vs. UMass Lowell
– Junior Liz Pulver (Temecula, Calif.) and junior Maria Poole (Stavanger, Norway) led the way with nine kills each.
– Junior Kendra Harlow (St. James, N.Y.) tallied eight kills and five blocks.
– Graduate student Emily Costello (Webster, N.Y.) recorded seven kills and eight digs.
– Sophomore Kiani Kerstetter (Cardiff, Calif.) ended the match with 11 digs.
– Junior LeAnne Sakowicz (Wauconda, Ill.) notched 27 assists in the victory.
– Stony Brook improves to 11-1 against the River Hawks.
– The team is now 9-0 against the America East in 2018.
– The Seawolves continued their winning ways, making it 12 in a row.
– Stony Brook’s 12 game winning streak ties for the longest streak the program has had as Division I.
The Seawolves look to win their 13th straight on Sunday, when the team travels Albany at 2 p.m.
Read original story on Stony Brook Seawolves.